4D scans can give you an amazing view of your baby’s face before he or she arrives. However, the quality of the pictures will depend on how willing your baby is to cooperate. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to ensure you have the best chance of getting good pictures.
Tips for your 4D Ultrasound
To increase the chances of getting a good picture during your 4D scans in London you should:
- Choose a time of day when your baby is usually active. You should be able to recognise a pattern in your baby’s activity levels from about 19 weeks.
- Stay hydrated: drinking plenty of water is important for your health in pregnancy, but it can also help with 4D scans. When you’re well hydrated, the amniotic fluid is likely to be clearer and easier for the ultrasound to see through.
- Don’t fill your bladder. You don’t need to come to the appointment will a full bladder as is recommended for 2D scans.
- Have a sugary drink or snack before your ultrasound appointment. Babies often respond when you give yourself an energy boost, especially if you choose a cold drink.
- Move around: if your baby isn’t in the right position when the scan is first attempted, taking a short break and walking around for a while may encourage a change.
Other Factors That Affect 4D Scans
However, while these tips can increase the chances of successful 4D scans in London, there are some other factors that could affect the results. The position of the placenta, the quality of the amniotic fluid, and the amount of fat around your belly could all make it difficult to get a clear picture. Even when everything else is perfect, some babies can just be reluctant to get into the right position. If your baby doesn’t want to show his or her face during the appointment even after you‘ve tried all the usual tricks, there’s nothing we can do. You might be able to get a better look if you can visit the clinic in London for 4D scans on another day.