At the Women’s Wellness Centre, we believe in providing well-rounded healthcare. In addition to our standard medical services, we also offer a range of therapy services. As always, we ensure that we employ only the finest non-medical practitioners, relying on the personal recommendations of our Consultants and clients alike. Our team of complementary therapists includes physiotherapists, nutritionists, personal trainers, massage therapists and acupuncturists, whose services are available via consultation.
- Achieve greater health and vitality. By making a detailed assessment of your nutrition, our professional Nutritionist can determine how your current diet, medical conditions and lifestyle contribute to your health. Because we recognise that every woman has her own needs, which are influenced by a variety of different factors, we ensure that our service is focused on treating each woman as an individual. When reviewing new clients, our experts regularly take into consideration variables ranging from a woman’s genetic predisposition through to the routine and environment of their daily life. Only then can a detailed plan be formulated to ensure she is on the right track to fulfilling a healthy lifestyle.
Every body has unique needs which are influenced by a range of factors including our genetic make up, the environment we live in and the balance we maintain in our daily life. Reviewing your nutritional intake can determine how your current diet, lifestyle and any medical conditions contribute to your overall health and daily wellbeing. These individual needs and health goals are carefully analyzed by our nutritional experts during your personal consultation and by designing a nutritional programme that is specifically tailored to your bodies’ requirements our experts support you to put into practice the dietary changes you need to help you achieve your full health potential. Nutritional therapy will help to discover what is good for you, and what you can do to eat your way to better health - not only to correct illness but to prevent it in the first place. Common conditions addressed by our experts are: healthy eating for fertility and pregnancy, gynecological disorders (such as polycystic ovary syndrome), hormone disorders, cholesterol and lipid management, the menopause and weight management.
Emer Delaney - Dietician
- Maintaining your physical health will help you to sustain an active life. Our Physiotherapist is available to assist with both day to day and more specialist concerns. For instance, our service specialises in providing tailored assessments and treatments in relation to pregnancy related musculoskeletal problems. These commonly, but not exclusively, include pubic symphysis dysfunction, carpel tunnel syndrome, back pain and sciatica.
Our women’s health physiotherapists are also highly experienced in treating pelvic floor disorders, urinary incontinence and prolapses, which are issues that are still unnecessarily endured by women of all ages due to the tremendous changes undergone by the body during any healthy pregnancy.
- This is one of the most widely recognised holistic remedies available. Practiced for millennia across the world, acupuncture has now also become an established discipline within the UK as several studies from various countries show that women will benefit from it throughout their pregnancies. Used to deliver relief and comfort, we offer this service through both home visits and appointments at the Centre. As our Acupuncturist is also a qualified midwife, and due to the stresses and strains that pregnancy can bring, we find that acupuncture is an effective treatment for many chronic conditions and because of that many pregnant women are turning to it to provide drug-free relief from many of the unpleasant symptoms of pregnancy.
Acupuncture treatments can balance and support the flow of Qi during and after pregnancy and is able to target the common complaints that can arise at different stages. Many couples are discovering that there are many factors that can contribute to difficulty in conceiving. Traditional Chinese Medicine tackles fertility like anything else, by restoring your body to its natural balanced state. Acupuncture can treat women who are trying to conceive with or without IVF. Recent studies suggest that patients who use acupuncture concurrently with their IVF treatments are more likely to conceive than those who do IVF alone.
Kristina Heuberger - Midwife
> Personal Trainer
- Tankut Kofturcu - Personal Trainer
For more information call us on 020 7751 4488 or send us your enquiries online by pressing the button below:
> Holistic therapy
- Holistic therapy is intended to treat the individual as a whole on all levels. Using localised pressure and specific stretching movements, the holistic treatment accomplishes physical and emotional relief.
Holistic massages are a therapeutic manipulation of the body’s soft tissues. By releasing tension in the body it simulates the circulation and the lymphatic systems, helping eliminate waste toxins. Massage relaxes the body, boosts the immune system,increases vitality and reduces swelling.
Our Massage Therapist specializes in Pregnancy & Post Natal treatments, deep tissue and lymphatic
Priscilla Ferreira - Holistic Therapist