All our prevention measure in place at The Women's Wellness Centre
Our duty is to deliver a brand promise to assure your health and be with you every step of the way.
On this page, you will find everything to help you safeguard your health during these uncertain times and all our prevention measure in place.
Stay well, stay strong, stay connected
With you at every step of the Covid-19 emergency
To ensure your wellness, ongoing care and paramount safety during these unprecedented times, we have put in place strict measures for both our Team and Patients, in line with up to date Public Health England Guidance.
Video or Telephone Consultation
If you prefer not to come into the practice we are offering same-day online GPs and Consultant consultations (Video or Phone) from general illness to pregnancy care and if you need to come in for examination at a later date after the online consultation we will not apply any additional charge.
You can find out more on telephone or video consultations here or contact us by using the button below.
All our prevention measures in place
At the Women’s Wellness Centre you can have all your visits under one roof in an environment which remains our calm and dedicated to minimising any worries about heading out to crowded spaces or moving around in an acute hospital.
We continue with vigilant observance of our routine practice of regular hand washing and hand sanitising measures and all our team have had infection prevention training and are meticulously following alerts and updates from Public Health England and the NHS:
- We have increased the frequency of deep cleaning at the Centre and public surfaces and all clinical equipment are regularly cleaning with disinfectant and antiviral throughout the day. Therefore we have hand sanitisers placed around the Centre.
- Clinical teams are using the recommended PPE: masks, aprons, sleeves and gloves and they will be strictly self-isolating if they show any symptoms as per latest guidance. Non -Clinical teams and all visitors are obliged to wear masks or face coverings.
- We are practising social distancing and introducing gaps between all patient appointments to control the number of people present at the Centre at any given time (we will be using both our waiting areas with appropriate spacing between chairs).
- We are screening patients for symptoms and we are taking patient screening temperature on arrival. Please postpone your booking if you are self-isolating or have a high temperature or new cough or loss of taste or smell. We will not be booking appointments with any patients who are unwell.
What you can do when you visit the Centre
There are a few things that you could do to assist us in protecting you, us and others:
- No need to shake hands – smile or casual salute is fine.
- When you arrive and leave the Centre, please use the hand sanitiser by the door.
- Follow our staff instruction and wait for your appointment in the assigned spot – You will also see a line around reception, please stand behind this.
- We regret for safety reasons, we are unable to permit entry into the clinic anyone other than the patient. Only exception is for one adult who will be able to accompany the patient for pregnancy scan appointments only. Partners will not be allowed on the premises till it is time to go into the room. The partners / accompanying adult will be given masks to wear and they must leave the premises as soon as scan is completed and wait outside for their partner.
- Digital payment facility in place.
Managing coronavirus infection in pregnancy
Pregnant women overall do not appear to be more susceptible to the consequences of coronavirus than the general population which is reassurring (RCOG Guidance March 2020).
If they do contract this, then it is usually after 28 week of pregnancy hence the precautionary advice to isolate in the third trimester of pregnancy and work from home .
Women who are older, from BAME background, obese or who have medical conditions such as diabetes appear to be
Pregnant women should keep antenatal appointments
Maternity units are arranging remote telephone or video antenatal appointments.
- If you have scheduled any appointments, please check with your hospital or clinic before you attend to confirm if it is a virtual appointment or face to face.
- Ensure your maternity unit is aware if you change your telephone number.
- If you need to have a physical examination or investigations eg blood tests or scans then you may need to attend separately for this.
Do familiarise yourself with how you can access the antenatal services and which appointments or visits your partner can attend
You may be required to wear face coverings or masks for visits but not in labour. If you have planned delivery date such as for induction of labour and elective caesarean section then you will be screen for Covid-19 with a swab before you attend.
All maternity units are committed to your care and safety it may just look very different to how it was.
We will also be able to provide telephone or video consultations.
For more details on this option, please click the button below to contact us
Facebook Group for daily support
As leaders in assuring women’s health, especially during pregnancy, we know only too well how the changing news and concerns will be physically and mentally challenging.
If you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or postnatal we have created a free Facebook group to provide you with medical expertise and support during this unique time. Our passion and desire to help led us to create this group in light of the Covid-19 emergency, and we enjoyed this so much to decide simply to keep going!
This group is supported by the precious collaboration of renowned Consultants and Specialists who practice at The Women’s Wellness Centre.
To request access to the Facebook group please click on the button below.
Prevention and update
For further information about Covid-19 from NHS, GOV, and RCOG
From Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
COVID-19 infection and pregnancy: Information for pregnant women and their families has been updated to reflect the guidance Click here
Message from The Women’s Wellness Centre Team
We are operating at a whole new level of disruption and we are working in very different ways, but we are still here.
Our job is a brand promise to assure your health and be with you every step of the way.
It may look different, feel different but all the foundational principles are the same.