Mr Dimitrios Nikolaou
Sub-specialist in Reproductive medicine
- Consultant Obstetrician Gynaecologist
- Sub-specialist in Reproductive Medicine and surgery
- Director of the Sub-specialist training program
- Clinical Lead, Assisted Conception Unit
- Senior Lecturer, Imperial College school of Medicine
- General Infertility
- Polycystic ovaries, endometriosis
- Fertility for older women
- Fertility for young women with poor ovarian reserve
- Fertility assessment and fertility preservation-egg freezing
- Alternative families, single
Mr Dimitrios Nikolaou
Mr Dimitrios Nikolaou is a Consultant Gynaecologist and Specialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery. He is one of the most successful Consultant Gynaecologist and Specialist in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery fertility specialists in the UK and is a recognised authority in the areas of infertility in the late thirties and in the 40’s, as well as the assessment of the ovarian reserve and management of the early onset of infertility in younger women (‘early ovarian ageing’).
He has lectured internationally on these topics and leads an active research team. He has also undergone extensive training in advanced minimal access surgery and he is the director of the training program for gynaecologists who want to become fertility specialists, as well as a national assessor.
For many years he has been the clinical lead of one of the top Assisted Conception Units internationally.
Under his supervision, his team, Assisted Conception Units internationally, delivers over 3000 outpatient consultations a year and over 1000 treatment cycles. His Unit is a centre of excellence for the management of infertility, especially in women in the late 30s and 40s, and UK’s only centre for the management of infertility in couples with blood-borne viral infections such as HIV or Hepatitis B and C.
Mr Nikolaou has a strong interest in philosophy. He is a keen cyclist and restores vintage bicycles. He does sculpture and painting. He has 2 children, 2 dogs and 2 cats.
Professional website: Fertility for Life, www.fertilityforlife.com
Current professional role:
- Consultant in Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
- Clinical lead, Assisted Conception Unit Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
- Clinical Senior lecturer Imperial College School of Medicine