Dr Gergana Peeva
Consultant in Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine
- RCOG Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- BMA British Medical Association
- FMF Fetal Medicine Foundation
- ISUOG International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- FMH/VSAO Swiss Medical Association
- DGGG German Association for Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- DEGUM German Association for Medical Ultrasound
- CAPPIC Centre for the Advancement of Pregnancy, Perinatal and Infant Care, Japan
- High-risk Obstetrics
- Fetal Medicine Expertise
- Multiple Pregnancies
- Maternal complications in pregnancy
- Ultrasound during pregnancy
- Abnormal fetal growth
- Aesthetic caesarean section delivery
- Natural vaginal delivery
Consultation in languages:
About Dr Gergana Peeva
Dr Peeva is a highly qualified specialist in obstetrics and fetal medicine with over 14 years of international clinical experience giving her a global perspective on maternity service.
Dr Peeva graduated with her medical degree from the University of Cologne, Germany and underwent her specialty training in obstetric and gynaecology in Zurich, Switzerland. She was awarded with the Fetal Medicine Diploma after successfully completing a comprehensive fellowship in Fetal medicine at Harris Birthright Research Centre in King’s College Hospital. Her special interests include multiple pregnancies, maternal obstetric complications, high-risk obstetrics, prenatal diagnosis and management of fetal conditions, fetal anomalies and growth restriction. Dr Peeva has published numerous research papers on maternal and fetal conditions. Her main research interest lies in complicated monochorionic pregnancies on which she defended a PhD thesis.
Dr Peeva works as a NHS consultant in fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics in the Homerton University Hospital. She has a degree in medical education from King’s College developing her in a well recognised educator and supervisor to specialty trainees and medical students.
Dr Peeva firmly believes in a safe and evidence based, patient centred care, which is tailored to the needs and expectations of every mother-to-be, promoting positive and unforgettable experience throughout the whole pregnancy.
Outside of medicine, Dr Peeva is interested in art and fashion, she enjoys painting and reading. She is a a passionate snowboarder and a former dancer.