Dr Gergana Peeva
Consultant in Obstetrics and Fetal Medicine
- RCOG Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- BMA British Medical Association
- FMF Fetal Medicine Foundation
- ISUOG International Society of Ultrasound in Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- FMH/VSAO Swiss Medical Association
- DGGG German Association for Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- DEGUM German Association for Medical Ultrasound
- CAPPIC Centre for the Advancement of Pregnancy, Perinatal and Infant Care, Japan
Low-risk obstetric care
- Physiological vaginal birth
- Assisted vaginal birth
- Hypnobirthing support
- Aesthetic caesarean section birth
High-risk obstetric care
- Maternal complications in pregnancy
- Gestational diabetes
- Preterm birth
- Complicated caesarean section birth
- Multiple pregnancies
- Ultrasound during pregnancy
- Screening for genetic conditions
- Screening for fetal anomalies
- CVS and amniocentesis
- Fetal growth restriction
- Complicated identical twins
- Morbid adhaerent placenta
Consultation in languages:
About Dr Gergana Peeva
Dr Peeva is a highly qualified specialist in obstetrics and fetal medicine, with over 14 years of international clinical experience giving her a global perspective on maternity service.
Dr Peeva graduated with her medical degree from the University of Cologne, Germany and underwent specialist training in obstetrics and gynaecology in Zurich, Switzerland. She achieved a Fetal Medicine Diploma, having successfully completed a comprehensive fellowship in Fetal medicine at Harris Birthright Research Centre in King’s College Hospital. Her areas of expertise include multiple pregnancies, maternal obstetric complications, high-risk obstetrics, prenatal diagnosis, management of fetal conditions, fetal anomalies and growth restriction. Dr Peeva has published numerous research papers on maternal and fetal conditions. Her main research interest and the topic of her PhD thesis is in complicated monochorionic pregnancies.
Dr Peeva works as an NHS consultant in fetal medicine and high-risk obstetrics in the Homerton University Hospital. She has a degree in medical education from King’s College London which has aided her development as a well-recognised educator and supervisor to specialty trainees and medical students.
Dr Peeva’s priority is delivering evidence-based, bespoke care, tailored to the needs and expectations of every mother-to-be under her care. Pregnancy is such a sensitive, personal experience and Dr Peeva ensures that the safety and comfort of her patients remains firmly at the core of her service.
Outside of medicine, Dr Peeva is a former dancer with interest in art, fashion, painting and reading, as well as a passion for snowboarding.