Dr Lucinda Green
MA MBBS MRCPsych MSc
Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist
- 1990: BA Medical Sciences (University of Cambridge)
- 1993 MBBS (Charing Cross Hospital Medical School, Imperial College, University of London)
- 1994 MA Medical Sciences (University of Cambridge)
- 1998 MSc Clinical Psychiatry and Research (Imperial College, University of London)
- 1998 MRCPsych (Membership of the Royal College of Psychiatrists)
- Pregnancy planning for women with existing mental health problems
- Care and treatment for women with current or previous mental health problems who are pregnant or have a baby
- Information and advice about the risk of developing mental health problems in pregnancy and after birth and how to prevent this
- Information and advice about the risks and benefits of psychiatric medications in pregnancy and breastfeeding to help you decide whether to continue, change or stop your treatment.
- Advice about psychological (talking) therapies and onward referral to a specialist psychologist or psychotherapist if needed.
- Developing an individualised perinatal mental health care plan
- Advice and information for partners and other family members
- Advice, care and treatment for women with emotional distress and a wide range of mental health problems including: Depression, Generalised Anxiety Disorde, Panic Disorder, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Bipolar Affective Disorder, Postpartum Psychosis, Schizophrenia and other psychotic illnesses,
Personality Disorder, Mental health problems associated with pregnancy related complications and birth trauma, Emotional distress and mental health problems associated with pregnancy loss and infertility, Other pregnancy-related emotional distress
About Dr Lucinda Green
Dr Lucinda Green is a highly regarded Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist. She is an expert in providing care for women with a wide range of mental health problems who are planning a pregnancy, pregnant or postnatal.
Dr Green has over 17 years’ experience as a Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist in the NHS. She developed and led an innovative perinatal mental health service integrated with the maternity service at St. Thomas’ Hospital. She was then Perinatal Clinical Lead for the Ealing, Hounslow, Hammersmith & Fulham perinatal mental health service. In addition to her work with The Women’s Wellness Centre, Dr Green is a Consultant at the Portland Hospital and the Child and Family Practice.
Dr Green is a recognised leader in perinatal mental health service development. She has a passionate commitment to ensuring that women have high quality mental health care during pregnancy and after birth. For the Pan London Perinatal Mental Health Network she has chaired both the South London and North West London Clinical Networks and co-authored the London Perinatal Mental Health Care Pathways.
She was a member of the British Association for Psychopharmacology’s consensus guidelines development group for the use of psychotropic medication preconception, in pregnancy and postpartum. Dr Green has extensive experience of providing perinatal mental health training for midwives, obstetricians, health visitors, GPs, psychiatrists and other mental health professionals.
She speaks on both service development and clinical aspects of perinatal mental health at national conferences. She is also a Visiting Lecturer in Perinatal Mental Health at the Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust. Women value Dr Green’s kind, compassionate and non-judgmental approach.
Current professional role:
- Consultant Perinatal Psychiatrist
- Visiting Lecturer -Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust