Dr Vasso Terzidou
Consultant Obstetrician And Gynaecologist
MBBS MRCOG BSCCP PhD
- Member Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Natural childbirth
- Premature birth
- Antenatal care
- Preterm labour
- High risk pregnancies
- Regular deliveries
- Caesarean section
- Cervical cerclage
About Dr Vasso Terzidou
Dr Vasso Terzidou is an experienced consultant obstetrician and gynaecologist with over 20 years’ experience. In addition to her work at the obstetrician gynaecologist Women’s Wellness Centre, Vasso is a consultant and the head of a specialised prematurity clinic at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital.
Her specialties include antenatal, care preterm, labour caesarean, cervical cerclage, and natural birth.
Dr Terzidou has an international reputation as a leading clinical academic, due to her scientific research and papers published in international journals.
She firmly believes that emotional support and a holistic approach are vital in providing a positive birth experience. She is also a Senior Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at Imperial College, London.
In 2010, Vasso was awarded a HEFCE Senior Clinical Fellowship while working as a Clinical Lecturer in Obstetrics and Gynaecology at QueenCharlotte’s Hospital.
Prizes and awards:
- HEFCE-NHS Clinical Senior Lectureship Award, HEFCE (2010)
- Prize for oral presentation, Blaire Bell Competition Meeting RCOG (2005)
- President’s Presenter Award for Young Investigator, Society for Gynaecological Investigation, USA (2002)
- Best poster prize, 6th International Congress on the Cell Biology of Reproduction (2002)
- Wellbeing RCOG Training Fellowship, Wellbeing RCOG (2000)
- First Prize for oral presentation, Blaire Bell RCOG (2000)