Men's health at The Women's Wellness Centre
Find below the most popular services for men available at the Women’s Wellness Centre.
Well Men Package
Full health screening
Having regular health check-ups can help you avoid future health problems and promptly detect disease. For example by checking your blood pressure regularly, you can keep high blood pressure under control and a regular blood test can help manage both high cholesterol levels and high blood sugar levels. These may be asymptomatic (which means you have no symptoms) in the early stages.
Regular health check-ups allows us to:
- Assess your risk factors for future medical issues
- Screen you for any current medical issues
- Assess your physical condition, optimise and encourage adoption of a healthy lifestyle
What is included in the Men Well Package
- Consultation:Full Clinical history review with our private Gp
- Observation: Blood pressure, Urinalysis* & BMI
- Examination: Cardiac, respiratory and abdominal examinations
- Blood test: Full blood count, ferritin, cholesterol, glucose, liver, kidney and thyroid function tests, HbA1c and Vitamin D
- Prostate-specific antigen (PSA)
*A midstream urine test may be requested and sent to the lab if there are significant findings in the urinalysis. This will incur an additional cost.
Take control of any hereditary genetic risk
Genetic testing, also known as DNA testing, can help you or family members identify whether you are at risk of developing common hereditary cancers or heart conditions.
Understanding your genetic risk affords you the opportunity to prevent disease or detect it at an earlier treatable stage.
The genetic testing we offer helps estimate your chance of developing cancer or cardiac problems in your lifetime and so allows you to take pro-active steps.
We offer a variety of packages that cover a wide range of genetic testing:
- Color 30 Gene Panel: analyses up to 30 genes associated with the most common hereditary cancers including breast, colorectal, melanoma, endometrial, prostrate, ovarian, stomach and uterine.
- 77 Cardiac Genes: covers heart disorders such as arrhythmia, cardiomyopathy, arteriopathy, blood pressure.
It’s also possible to do combined genetic testing for both cancer risk and heart disease with:
- Extended 30 Gene panel: combined screening including Color 30 Gene panel, BRCA 1/BRCA2 and cardiac profile.
Price from £550.00
Prevention can be life-changing for you and your family!
If you are not sure whether Genetic testing might be useful to you please don’t hesitate to book your free genetic screening advice or learn more here.
Antibody Testing for Covid-19
Find out whether you have had Covid-19 infection for peace of mind*
CIMA Assay approved by Public Health England
The SARS-CoV-2 (Coronavirus) Antibody testing is a CMIA assay manufactured by Abbott Laboratories and only recently approved by the Public health of England (PHE) and by the Medicine and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA).
The assay is CE marked which makes it a reputable and high-grade laboratory test and has also been validated against the gold standard PCR methods which are used by CDC.
You can buy your gift or book your appointment by contacting us using the button below
Why not buy your gift today and receive your personalised gift certificate .
Rest assured that the appointment can then be booked at a convenient future date