Book your Panorama Test Scan at The Women’s Wellness Centre, London
Choose day and time that best suits you and complete your booking directly using the button below.
You’ll receive an email to confirm your appointment and we look forward to seeing you at the Centre.
If you have any questions or if you need a same-day appointment please do not hesitate to call us on 020 7751 4488.
What is the Panorama Test ( from 9 weeks scan )
The Panorama test (NIPT) is currently the most advanced non-invasive pregnancy screening available for parents who would like to determine if they have a low probability or high probability for their baby having the conditions Down syndrome, Edwards’ syndrome or Patau’s syndrome.
The Panorama test is available from as early as 9 weeks of pregnancy.
The Panorama prenatal screening method involves taking a safe blood sample from the mother’s arm. There is no increased miscarriage risk to the baby from having this simple, safe maternal blood test. The cell free DNA (cfDNA) which is present in the mother’s blood is then analysed, the results determine if there is a high probability or low probability of the baby having one of the three screened conditions; Down syndrome, Edwards’ syndrome and Patau’s syndrome. These conditions are also known as Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18 and Trisomy 13.
The Panorama No- Invasive Prenatal Test can be used in twin, singleton donor and surrogate pregnancies.
Parents can also choose to find out the sex of the baby by looking at baby’s X or Y chromosomes, this is optionally included with Panorama Test.
Panorama can confirm the zygosity of your twin pregnancy. It can be important to determine if your twin pregnancy is Dizygotic (non-identical, two eggs were fertilised) or Monozygotic (identical, one egg was fertilised and the pregnancy divided into two).
In monochorionic, identical, twin pregnancies Panorama NIPT can confirm the sex of each twin as it will be same. For dichorionic, non-identical, twin pregnancies Panorama can also confirm if there are two girls, two boys or one of each.
Why choose Panorama as genetic testing?
Clinical advantages of genetic testing for pregnancy:
- Panorama detects conditions that other tests cannot, including molar pregnancy, triploidy and vanishing twin.
- Panorama screens for Down syndrome with an accuracy rate greater than 99%.
- Panorama is the only test that differentiates between maternal and fetal DNA, which reduces the risk of receiving false positives and false negatives results.
- Panorama is the only NIPT that can assess zygosity, individual fetal sex, and individual fetal fraction* in twin pregnancies.
- Panorama has the highest sensitivity for 22q11.2 deletion syndrome, a common and potentially severe microdeletion that impacts pregnancies equally regardless of maternal age.
- Panorama can be performed for singleton, twin, egg donor, and surrogate pregnancies.
*For dizygotic twins only
Download our Leaflet on Panorama Test to discover what Panorama screens for in Singleton, Twin and Egg donor or Surrogate pregnancies.
Harmony Test and Panorama Test: what is the difference?
Panorama Test results
You will receive your test results in around 2 business weeks.
When you receive your test results you should consult your Obstetric, Midwife or GP if these are not normal. Avoid jumping to conclusions and speak with an experienced Consultant who can help you understand your results and advice on the following steps.
You may also want to know:
- If the Panorama test shows that there is a high chance that the baby has trisomy 21 or 18 or 13 it does not mean that the baby definitely has one of these conditions. If you want to be absolutely certain if the baby has one of these conditions you should have one of the invasive tests such as Chorionic villous sampling ( CVS ) or amniocentisis.
- If the Panorama test shows that there is a low chance (less than 1 in 10,000) that the baby has trisomy 21 or 18 or 13 it is unlikely that the baby has one of these conditions.
Your Panorama Test at the Women’s Wellness Centre
At the Women’s Wellness Centre we are pleased to welcome you into our calm and relaxed environment.
Your scan is performed by our experienced Sonographer with cutting edge technology machines which will provide you with the clearest image possible.
You can also choose to have your scan performed if you wish by one our expert Fetal Medicine Consultants if you will need a more specific professional advice.
Your appointment will last 30-40 minutes and we aim to provide you with any detailed information and accompany you within the next steps if required.